Cmushi great job collecting so much info. This one article is getting too long however, if you'd break up the major categories into articles of their own. For example, the list of advisors should have it's own page as that's rather specific info. Also, topics like centralization could, even should, be briefly explained in this sort of topic-overview article, but the nitty-gritty should be put on its own page.
no rush on these changes, and again, good stuff!
Changes to the Advisors are as follows:
- Each Advisor has 2 modifiers (1 Advisor has 3 modifiers and some modifiers are negative).
- Specific buildings and ideas increases the chances of certain advisors to appear in the advisor pool.
- Some events provide advisors with lower maintenance and recruiting costs.
- Some decisions requires specific advisors to enact.
|Philosopher||Administrative||Yearly Prestige: +1
Idea Cost: -5%
|Natural Scientist||Administrative||Production Efficiency: +10%
Technology Cost: -2.5%
|Artist||Administrative||Stability Cost Modifier: -10%
Prestige Decay: -10%
|Treasurer||Administrative||National Tax Modifier: +5%
Production Efficiency: +2.5%
|Theologian||Administrative||National Unrest: -1
Tolerance of Heretics: +1
|Master of Mint||Administrative||Yearly Inflation Reduction: +10%
Reduce Inflation Cost: -20%
|Inquisitor||Administrative||Missionary Strength: +2%
Tolerance of Heretics: -2
|Architect||Administrative||Build Cost: -10%
Development Cost: -5%
|Culture Idea 1
Humanist Idea 7
|High Judge||Administrative||National Unrest: -1%
Monthly Autonomy Change: -0.03
Economic Idea 1
Democracy Idea 3
Culture Idea 2
|Composer||Administrative||Yearly Prestige: +0.5
Prestige Decay: -2.5%
|Cardinal||Administrative||Tolerance of Heathens: -1
Diplomatic Reputation: +1
Papal Influence: +1
Fine Arts Academy
|Astronomer||Administrative||Yearly Prestige: +0.5
Diplomatic Technology Cost: -5%
Innovative Idea 3
|Statesman||Diplomatic||Diplomatic Reputation: +2
Improve Relations: +10%
|Naval Reformer||Diplomatic||Morale of Navies: +10%
Diplomatic Technology Cost: -5%
|Trader||Diplomatic||Trade Efficiency: +5%
Trade Steering: +10%
|Spymaster||Diplomatic||Spy Network Construction: +20%
Envoy Travel Time: -20%
|Colonial Governor||Diplomatic||Global Tariffs: +10%||Colonists
|Diplomat||Diplomatic||Diplomatic Relations: +1
Better Relations Over Time: +25%
|Navigator||Diplomatic||Colonial Range: +20%
Naval Attrition: -25%
|Collector||Diplomatic||National Tax Modifier: +5%
Trade Efficiency: +5%
|Trade Idea 1,3,4|
|Sheriff||Diplomatic||National Unrest: -1
Foreign Spy Detection: +25%
Economic Idea 1,2
|Banker||Diplomatic||Trade Efficiency: +5%
Interest per Annum: -2
Economic Idea 1,2
|Grand Admiral||Diplomatic||Morale of Navies: +10%
Heavy Ship Combat Ability: +10%
Naval Idea 1,2
Grand Fleet Idea 4,6
Naval Quality Idea 3,4
|Lord Proprietor||Diplomatic||Global Settler Increase: +10
Settler Chance: +5%
|Expansion Idea 3
Exploration Idea 2
Global Empire Idea 5
|Rear Admiral||Diplomatic||Prestige from Naval battles: +25%
Recovery Navy Morale Speed: +5%
|Base tax 6
Naval Idea 1,2
Grand Fleet Idea 4,6
Naval Quality Idea 3
|Colonel||Military||Mercenary Cost: -20%
Available Mercenaries: +50%
Leadership Idea 5
Grand Army Idea 6
Logistic Idea 4
|Army Reformer||Military||Morale of Armies: +10%
Military Technology Cost: -5%
|Army Organizer||Military||Land Force Limit Modifier: +10%
Reinforce Speed: +25%
|Commandant||Military||Discipline: 2.5%||War College|
|Quartermaster||Military||Manpower Recovery Speed: +25%
Recover Army Morale Speed: +5%
|Master Recuiter||Military||National Manpower Modifier: +10%
Recruitment Time: -20%
|Military Engineer||Military||Fort Defense: +25%
Siege Ability: +10%
|Forts Level 3, 4, 5|
|Grand Captain||Military||Land Maintenance Modifier: -10%
Prestige from Land Battles: +25%
Centralization-Decentralization is a mechanic similar to the Centralization vs. Decentralization Domestic Policy in EU3. The mechanic consists of a slider which is represented by different stages and uses policies to move it. Centralization is used for:
- Unlocking advance government types
- France enabling edict of Moulins
- France moving court to Versailles
- Iberians abrogating Cortes and Reinos
- Removing Mirco-nation modifiers
- Faster integration of junior partners
- Avoiding Bahmanid estate disaster
|Centralizing the state will:||On the other hand, decentralizing the state will:|
|+ Increase Land Force Limit||- Increase Yearly Inflation|
|+ Improve Trade Steering||- Reduce Trade Steering|
|+ Reduce Technology Cost||- Increase Technology Cost|
|+ Reduce Monthly Global Autonomy||- Increase Monthly Global Autonomy|
|+ Increase Number of States||+ Improve Vassal Income and Upkeep|
|- Reduce Provincial Trade Power||+ Increase Provincial Trade Power|
|- Increase Stability Boost Cost||+ Reduce Stability Boost Cost|
|- Increase Coring Cost||+ Reduce Building Cost||- Increase Yearly Corruption||+ Reduce Fort Maintenance|
|- Increase Culture Threshold||+ Reduce Culture Threshold|
|- Increase National Unrest||+ Increase Republican Tradition|
There are 11 stages in Centralization vs. Decentralization:
- Decentralization 1 - 5
- Decentralization 0 (Midpoint)
- Centralization 1 - 5 (In-game are displayed as negative numbers)
Each government type can centralize or decentralize as follows:
|Medieval Monarchy||Decentralization 5 - Decentralization 1|
|Feudal Monarchy||Decentralization 5 - Centralization 1|
|Despotic Monarchy||Decentralization 5 - Centralization 2|
|Administrative Monarchy||Decentralization 5 - Centralization 3|
|Absolute Monarchy||Decentralization 1 - Centralization 5|
|Constitutional Monarchy||Decentralization 5 - Centralization 3|
|Enlightened Despotism||Decentralization 3 - Centralization 5|
The policies 'Centralization Efforts' and 'Decentralization Efforts' are used to centralize and decentralize the nation respectively. These can be enacted by either having a:
- Statesman as the diplomatic advisor
- Ruler with 3 or greater administrative skill
Enacting the 'Centralization Efforts' policy has the following country modifiers:
- Yearly Corruption: +0.05
- Yearly Prestige: +0.01
Enacting the 'Decentralization Efforts' policy has no country modifiers.
Centralization and decentralization progress are lost over time if the policies removed.
Centralization process is sped by having:
- Ruler with high administrative skill
- High stability
Centralization process is slowed by having:
- Ruler with low administrative skill
- Low Stability
- Having a disaster will stop the process
|Decentralization 5||Decentralization 4||Decentralization 3||Decentralization 2||Decentralization 1|
|Provincial Trade Power Modifier: +10%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: +8%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: +6%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: +4%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: +2%|
|Build Cost: -25%||Build Cost: -20%||Build Cost: -15%||Build Cost: -10%||Build Cost: -5%|
|Fort Maintenance: -25%||Fort Maintenance: -20%||Fort Maintenance: -15%||Fort Maintenance: -10%||Fort Maintenance: -5%|
|Stability Cost Modifier: -50%||Stability Cost Modifier: -40%||Stability Cost Modifier: -30%||Stability Cost Modifier: -20%||Stability Cost Modifier: -10%|
|Income from Vassals: +25%||Income from Vassals: +20%||Income from Vassals: +15%||Income from Vassals: +10%||Income from Vassals: +5%|
|Yearly Republican Tradition: +0.5||Yearly Republican Tradition: +0.4||Yearly Republican Tradition: +0.3||Yearly Republican Tradition: +0.2||Yearly Republican Tradition: +0.1|
|Accepted Culture Threshold: -15%||Accepted Culture Threshold: -12%||Accepted Culture Threshold: -9%||Accepted Culture Threshold: -6%||Accepted Culture Threshold: -3%|
|Vassal Upkeep: +5||Vassal Upkeep: +4||Vassal Upkeep: +3||Vassal Upkeep: +2||Vassal Upkeep: +1|
|Trade Steering: -20%||Trade Steering: -16%||Trade Steering: -12%||Trade Steering: -8%||Trade Steering: -4%|
|Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.10||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.09||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.08||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.07||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.06|
|Technology Cost: -10%||Technology Cost: -8%||Technology Cost: -6%||Technology Cost: -4%||Technology Cost: -2%|
|Monthly Autonomy Change: +0.20||Monthly Autonomy Change: +0.16||Monthly Autonomy Change: +0.12||Monthly Autonomy Change: +0.08||Monthly Autonomy Change: +0.04|
Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.05
|Centralization 1||Centralization 2||Centralization 3||Centralization 4||Centralization 5|
|Land Force Limit Modifier: +2%||Land Force Limit Modifier: +4%||Land Force Limit Modifier: +6%||Land Force Limit Modifier: +8%||Land Force Limit Modifier: +10%|
|Trade Steering: +4%||Trade Steering: +4%||Trade Steering: +8%||Trade Steering: +10%|
|Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.04||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.03||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.02||Yearly Inflation Reduction: -0.01|
|Technology Cost: -4%||Technology Cost: -4%||Technology Cost: -8%||Technology Cost: -10%|
|Monthly Autonomy Change: -0.04||Monthly Autonomy Change: -0.04||Monthly Autonomy Change: -0.08||Monthly Autonomy Change: -0.10|
|Number of States: +1||Number of States: +1||Number of States: +2||Number of States: +2||Number of States: +3|
|Provincial Trade Power Modifier: -2%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: -4%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: -6%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: -8%||Provincial Trade Power Modifier: -12%|
|Stability Cost Modifier: +5%||Stability Cost Modifier: +10%||Stability Cost Modifier: +15%||Stability Cost Modifier: +20%||Stability Cost Modifier: +20%|
|Core-Creation Cost: +4%||Core-Creation Cost: +8%||Core-Creation Cost: +12%||Core-Creation Cost: +16%||Core-Creation Cost: +20%|
|Yearly Corruption: +0.04||Yearly Corruption: +0.08||Yearly Corruption: +0.12||Yearly Corruption: +0.16||Yearly Corruption: +0.20|
|Accepted Culture Threshold: +3%||Accepted Culture Threshold: +6%||Accepted Culture Threshold: +9%||Accepted Culture Threshold: +12%||Accepted Culture Threshold: +15%|
|National Unrest: +0.5||National Unrest: +1||National Unrest: +1.5||National Unrest: +2||National Unrest: +3|
The coring system in M&T is a mix between EU 3 and 4:
- Administrative power is used to start the core construction.
- The base cost is lowered (from 10) to 5 administrative power per 1 development.
- The base time is raise to 50 years but can be lowered or raised.
- During the core construction, having positive stability has the chance of events 'Gaining Control' and 'Core Acquired' firing that finishes the core construction in 2 steps.
- During wars, provinces have a chance to be seized through war dynamism if the occupier has cores on them (and also depends on culture and religion).
|Modifiers that lower core construction time:||Modifiers that raise core construction time:|
|Claimed: -50%||Excommunicated (Strong Pope): +20%|
|Communication Efficiency (Efficient): -25%||Excommunicated (Average Pope): +15%|
|Communication Efficiency (Quite Efficient): -15%||Excommunicated (Weak Pope): +10%|
|Communication Efficiency (Rather Efficient): -5%||Nationalism: +30% per 4 Nationalism|
|Colony: -50%||War: +20%|
|Culture (Same): -60%||War Exhaustion: +20% per 5 War exhaustion|
|Culture (Accepted): -40%|
|Culture (Group): -20%||Modifiers that lower/raise core construction time:|
|Crown Land: -5%||Core creation cost: -/+5% per -/+5% Core creation cost|
|HRE (Owner is Prince): -10%||Local Autonomy: -/+5% per -/+10% Local Autonomy|
|Neighboring owned core: -20%|
|Pagan (Owner is Not): -50%|
|Papal Controller (Strong Pope): -15%|
|Papal Controller (Average Pope): -10%|
|Papal Controller (Weak Pope): -5%|
|Prestige: -5% per 20 Prestige|
|Religion (Same): -40%|
|Religion (Same during Religious War): -10%|
|Religion (Heretics): -10% per 1 Tolerance|
|Religion (Heathens): -5% per 1 Tolerance|
|Stability: -10% per +1 Stability|
|Trade Company: -30%|
In M&T, a nation can choose how luxurious the ruler's court can be. There are 5 types of courts:
- Normal (No Country Modifiers)
|National Unrest: -2||National Unrest: -1||National Unrest: +1||National Unrest: +2|
|Diplomats: +1||Diplomats: -1|
|Yearly Prestige: +1||Yearly Prestige: +0.5||Yearly Prestige: -0.5||Yearly Prestige: -1|
|Possible Advisors: +1||Possible Advisors: +1||Possible Advisors: -1||Possible Advisors: -1|
|Diplomatic Reputation: +2||Diplomatic Reputation: +1||Diplomatic Reputation: -1||Diplomatic Reputation: -2|
|Improve Relations: +10%||Improve Relations: +5%||Improve Relations: -5%||Improve Relations: -10%|
|Diplomatic Relations: +2||Diplomatic Relations: +1||Diplomatic Relations: -1|
|Yearly Corruption: +0.12||Yearly Corruption: +0.06||Yearly Corruption: -0.05||Yearly Corruption: -0.10|
Court can be changed:
- Every 20 Years, through the event 'rulername's Court' that allows nations to choose their preferred court type.
- By events that lower the court's luxury which can be stopped by spending ducats or monarch points.
- By the decision 'Improve our court' allows nation to spend ducats and diplomatic power to increase the luxury of the court at the expense of the ruler gaining 'Generous' or 'Indulgent' traits.
The changes to the government mechanics are as follows:
- New unique government types and ranks.
- Existing government types have different modifiers.
- Changing government types and ranks is done through decisions.
- Elective Monarchy (Bohemia, Hungary and Commonwealth)
- Revolutionary Empire (Revolution)
- Signoria (North Italians)
- Medieval Monarchy (France)
- English Monarchy (England)
- Irish Monarchy (Irish Minors)
- Portuguese Monarchy (Portugal when a trade company is founded)
- Crowned Republic (United Provinces)
- Bureaucratic Despotism (Late event that turns monarchy to a republic)
- Revolutionary Republic (Revolution)
- Free Imperial City (HRE Republic OPMs with 15+ base tax)
- Hansetic Imperial City (Lubeck)
- Siena Republic (
- Ambrosian Republic (Milan)
- Venetian Republic (Venice)
- Papacy (Papal State)
- Monastic Order (Teutonic Order, Livonian Order and the knights)
- Colony (Founded colonial nation)
- Feudal Colony
- Trade Colony
- Population Colony
- Trade Company
- Tribal Nation
- Tribal Federation
- Native Councils
- Hetmanate (Cossacks)
- Steppe Nomads
- Scholar Dynasty
- Aristocratic Dynasty
- Bureaucratic Dynasty
- Theocratic Dynasty
- Peasant Dynasty
- Celestial Empire
- Indian Monarchy
- Rajput Monarchy
- Maratha Confederacy
- Early Medieval Japanese
- Late Medieval Japanese
- Early Modern Japanese
- Eastern Monarchy (Indonesia and Indochina)
- Tibetan Theocracy (Formable Tibet)
M&T expands the government ranks from 3 to 6. These are:
Increasing the rank is achieved by enacting decisions. These decisions can be enact by either having a:
- Ruler with either 1 or greater diplomacy skill.
- Ruler with either 2 or greater military skill.
- Statesman as the diplomatic advisor.
- Catholic nations require the permission of the pope to increase their rank. This depends on relations, piety and not being excommunicated.
- Members of the HRE require the permission of the emperor to increase their rank. Members must be either catholic, protestant or reformed.
- Subjects require the permission of their overlord to increase their rank.
- Members of the HRE can increase their rank up to principalities.
- Electors can increase their rank up to kingdoms.
- Republics and Theocracies cannot increase their ranks.
- The government rank may be decreased if the rank is higher than the required development.
- Not in a Regency.
- Not at war.
- Not under a union (except for members of the HRE).
|Cities: 2||Prestige: 5
The inflation in M&T uses an equilibrium based system:
- As inflation goes up, there is an increasing downward force applied to inflation.
- This is currently set to reach equilibrium at 2% inflation per 0.01 yearly inflation increase.
- Once it reaches the equilibrium, the yearly inflation increase will stop.
- The equilibrium can change depending on the number loans and provinces that produces gold, silver and gems.
- Inflation can now be reduced by 1% for the cost of 40 administrative power.
This means there may be times when it is useful to sit at moderate inflation rather than expending administrative power to reduce it because you effectively are gaining administrative power in exchange for losing gold.
Ruler Personality Edit
The stability mechanic in M&T is similar to vanilla except for the following:
- Stability now has a base cost of 50 administrative power.
- Stability can only be boosted once every 10 years.
The cool down of the boost can be found in the country modifier tab.