Culture Conversion represent the spreads of a country's primary culture through its land. This is done automatically.
The Country primary culture will continuously spread by adjacency to state province without Separatism unrest. Conversion progress is tracked separately per each province, its duration varies based on various factors.
Accepted culture has 75% penalty...
Province conversion Event Edit
Event Type Edit
Mean Time to Happen (MTTH) Edit
Trigger Conditions Edit
- Is in a state
- Separatism lower than 1
- Does not have owner's culture
- One of the following must be true:
- THIS is the capital province
- All of the following must be true:
- Province owner:
- Any owned province:
- Has owner's culture
- Any neighboring province:
- Province is ROOT
- Any owned province:
- Province owner:
- Does NOT have the province modifier culture_conversion_cooldown
Each time the event fires, the province progress increases by a certain amount. Once the progress reaches 100, an event will fire changing the province's culture. One can decline to have the province change culture. If you decline to have the province change culture, the event won't fire for 20 years.
Ex: If you have -60% culture conversion cost, provinces will change culture 60% faster.
Ex: If you have 50% Autonomy in a province, it will change culture 50% slower.
Ex: A province with 50 population will change culture 50% slower.
- is the product of any applicable things in the Special Historical Cases below.
Special Historical Cases Edit
There are several situations where Culture Conversion occurs at an increased pace:
- The province's culture is an accepted culture - value 0.25
- Kashubian in Commonwealth subcontinent to Low or High Germanic - value 2
- Crimean in Moldavia or Basarabia Area to Moldovian or Vlach - value 2
- West Slavic in Germany subcontinent to Low or High Germanic - value 4
- Any culture in Greater Russia subcontinent to East Slavic - value 2
- Tatar culture group in Greater Russia subcontinent to East Slavic - value 4
- Tatar culture in Greater Russia and North Asia subcontinents to Tatar culture group - value 16
- Hindusthani in Indian subcontinent to Urdu culture - value 4
- Deccan in Indian subcontinent to Dakani culture - value 4
- Muslim Greeks in Anatolia to Turkish or Yorouk - value 4
- Christian Turks or Youruks in Anatolia to Greek - value 4
- Chaghatai in East Asia or Central Asia subcontinents to Tatar culture group - value 16
- Mongol in East Asia subcontinent to Altaic or Daur - value 16
- Uriankhai in Liaoning, Sahaliyan Ula, and Girin areas to Jurchen - value 8
- Non-Ryukyuan Japanese cultures to another Japanese culture - value -4*
* Note: This stops Japanese cultures from assimilating to another Japanese culture entirely. Possibly a bug.
Normally cultural conversion only happens in provinces adjacent to the Primary Culture. There are some exceptions:
- An Latin (Northern-Italian Cultured) country can spread Dalmatian culture to provinces without separatism in the East Adriatic Coast Area
- Provinces in the middle east change culture when changing religion:
- Christian provinces in the Palestine area become Levantine after conversion to Islam
- Provinces in the Syria and Aleppo Area become Shami after conversion to Islam
- Provinces in the Mosul area become Kurdish after conversion to Islam
- Provinces in Iraq become Iraqi after conversion to Islam
- Provinces in the Syria and Aleppo areas become Aramean after conversion to Christianity
- Provinces in the Aleppo area become Syriac after conversion to Christianity
- Provinces in Aleppo Syria and Palestine may also become Aramaic after conversion to Christianity
- Provinces in Egypt become Coptic culture after conversion to Christianity
All of the following can happen in provinces without separatism with a MTTH of 50 years. (45 years with stab>1, 40.5 years with stab>2)